High-Voltage Output Hysteretic-Mode Step-Up DC/DC Controller
• 6V to 500V Wide Output Voltage Range
• 2.7V Low Input Voltage
• 5W Maximum Output Power with External
• Built-in Charge Pump Converter for the Gate
• Programmable Switching Frequency from 40 kHz
to 400 kHz
• Four Programmable Duty Cycles from 50% to
• FB Return Ground Switch for Power Saving
• Built-in Delay Timer for Internal Protection
• Non-isolated DC/DC Converter
• Portable Electronic Equipment
The HV9150 is a high output voltage Hysteretic mode
step-up DC/DC controller that has a built-in charge
pump converter and a linear regulator for a wide range
of input voltage. The Charge Pump Converter mode is
ideal for battery-powered applications. The internal
converter can provide a minimum of 5V gate driver
output voltage (at VIN = 2.7V) to the external N-channel
MOSFET. The range of 2.7V to 4.5V input supply
voltage is ideal for battery-powered applications, such
as portable electronic equipment. The internal linear
regulator is selected when a higher supply voltage rail
is available in the system.
A feedback return ground path switch is also integrated
into the device to minimize the quiescent current during
the controller shutdown. This feature provides power
savings for energy-critical applications.
In addition, a built-in timer is available to protect the
internal circuit and help dissipate the energy from the
external high-voltage storage capacitor. This device is
designed for systems requiring high-voltage and
low-current applications such as MEMS devices.
Pads are at the bottom of the package. Center heat slug is at ground potential. See Table 3-1 for pin information.
2017 Microchip Technology Inc.