Product data sheet
• Small plastic SMD package
• High switching speed: max. 4 ns
• Continuous reverse voltage: max. 70 V
• Repetitive peak reverse voltage: max. 70 V
• Repetitive peak forward current: max. 500 mA.
• High-speed switching in e.g. surface mounted circuits.
The BAL99 is a high-speed switching diode fabricated in
planar technology, and encapsulated in the small SOT23
plastic SMD package.
JFp = made in Hong Kong;
JFt = made in Malaysia;
JFW = made in China.
Fig.1 Simplified outline (SOT23) and symbol.
plastic surface mounted package; 3 leads
In accordance with the Absolute Maximum Rating System (IEC 60134).
repetitive peak reverse voltage
continuous reverse voltage
continuous forward current
repetitive peak forward current
non-repetitive peak forward current
Ptot total power dissipation
Tstg storage temperature
Tj junction temperature
see Fig.2; note 1
square wave; Tj = 25 °C prior to surge;
tp = 1 µs
tp = 1 ms
tp = 1 s
Tamb = 25 °C; note 1
1. Device mounted on an FR4 printed-circuit board.
MIN. MAX. UNIT
− 70 V
− 70 V
− 215 mA
− 500 mA
− 0.5 A
− 250 mW
−65 +150 °C
− 150 °C
2003 Dec 12