TOSHIBA CMOS Digital Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
BCD to Decimal Decoder
The TC74HC42A is a high speed CMOS BCD-to-DECIMAL
DECODER fabricated with silicon gate C2MOS technology.
It achieves the high speed operation similar to equivalent
LSTTL while maintaining the CMOS low power dissipation.
A BCD code applied to the four inputs (A-D) sets a low level at
one of ten decoded outputs. A illegal BCD code such as eleven
thru fifteen sets all outputs high. This device can be used as
3-to-8 LINE DECODER when input D is held low.
This device is useful for code conversion, address decoding,
memory selection, multiplexing, or readout decoding.
All inputs are equipped with protection circuits against static
discharge or transient excess voltage.
• High speed: tpd = 13 ns (typ.) at VCC = 5 V
• Low power dissipation: ICC = 4 μA (max) at Ta = 25°C
• High noise immunity: VNIH = VNIL = 28% VCC (min)
• Output drive capability: 10 LSTTL loads
• Symmetrical output impedance: |IOH| = IOL = 4 mA (min)
• Balanced propagation delays: tpLH ∼− tpHL
• Wide operating voltage range: VCC (opr) = 2 to 6 V
• Pin and function compatible with 74LS42
: 1.00 g (typ.)
: 0.18 g (typ.)
Start of commercial production