6EDL04x06xT and 6EDL04N02PR family
200 V and 600 V three-phase gate driver with Over Current Protection (OCP),
Enable (EN), Fault and Integrated Bootstrap Diode (BSD)
• Infineon thin-film-SOI-technology
• Maximum blocking voltage +600 V
• Output source/sink current +0.165 A/-0.375 A
• Integrated ultra-fast, low RDS(ON) Bootstrap Diode
• Insensitivity of the bridge output to negative
transient voltages up to -50 V given by SOI-
• Separate control circuits for all six drivers
• Detection of over current and under voltage supply
• Externally programmable delay for fault clear after
over current detection
• 'Shut down' of all switches during error conditions
CMOS and LSTTL compatible input (negative logic)
• Signal interlocking of every phase to prevent cross-
ton / toff (6EDL04Ixxxx)
ton / toff (6EDL04Nxxxx)
tf/tr (typ. CL=1 nF)
= 620 V max.
= 200 V max.
= +0.165 A / -0.375 A
= 530ns / 490 ns
= 530ns / 530 ns
= 60 ns / 26 ns
• Home appliance, refrigeration compressors, air-conditioning
• Fans, pumps
• Motor drives, general purpose inverters
• Power tools, light electric vehicles
Qualified for industrial applications according to the relevant tests of JEDEC47/20/22.
The device 6ED family – 2nd generation is a full bridge driver to control power devices like MOS-transistors or
IGBTs in 3-phase systems with a maximum blocking voltage of +600 V. Based on the used SOI-technology there
is an excellent ruggedness on transient voltages. No parasitic thyristor structures are present in the device.
Hence, no parasitic latch-up may occur at all temperatures and voltage conditions.
The six independent drivers are controlled at the low-side using CMOS resp. LSTTL compatible signals, down to
3.3 V logic. The device includes an under-voltage detection unit with hysteresis characteristic and an over-
current detection. The over-current level is adjusted by choosing the resistor value and the threshold level at
pin ITRIP. Both error conditions (under-voltage and over-current) lead to a definite shut down off all six
switches. An error signal is provided at the FAULT open drain output pin. The blocking time after over-current
can be adjusted with an RC-network at pin RCIN. The input RCIN owns an internal current source of 2.8 µA.
Therefore, the resistor RRCIN is optional. The typical output current can be given with 165 mA for pull-up and
375 mA for pull down. Because of system safety reasons a 310 ns interlocking time has been realised. The
function of input EN can optionally be extended with over-temperature detection, using an external NTC-
resistor (see Figure 1). The monolithic integrated bootstrap diode structures between pins VCC and VBx can be
used for power supply of the high side.
6EDL04 family Datasheet Please read the Important Notice and Warnings at the end of this document
1 of 22