CMOS Digital Integrated Circuits Silicon Monolithic
1. Functional Description
• Low-Voltage Hex Schmitt Inverter with 3.6-V Tolerant Inputs and Outputs
The TC74VCX14FK is a high-performance CMOS Schmitt inverter which is guaranteed to operate from 1.2 V to
3.6 V. Designed for use in 1.5 V, 1.8 V, 2.5 V or 3.3 V systems, it achieves high-speed operation while maintaining
the CMOS low power dissipation.
It is also designed with over-voltage tolerant inputs and outputs up to 3.6 V.
Pin configuration and function are the same as the TC74VCX04FK but the inputs have hysteresis and with its
Schmitt trigger function, the TC74VCX14FK can be used as a line receivers which will receive slow input signals.
All inputs are equipped with protection circuits against static discharge.
(1) Low-voltage operation: VCC = 1.2 to 3.6 V
(2) High-speed operation: tpd = 4.0 ns (max) (VCC = 3.0 to 3.6 V)
tpd = 4.3 ns (max) (VCC = 2.3 to 2.7 V)
tpd = 8.6 ns (max) (VCC = 1.65 to 1.95 V)
tpd = 17.2 ns (max) (VCC = 1.4 to 1.6 V)
tpd = 43.0 ns (max) (VCC = 1.2 V)
(3) Output current: IOH/IOL = ±24 mA (min) (VCC = 3.0 V)
IOH/IOL = ±18 mA (min) (VCC = 2.3 V)
IOH/IOL = ±6 mA (min) (VCC = 1.65 V)
IOH/IOL = ±2 mA (min) (VCC = 1.4 V)
(4) Latch-up performance: -300 mA
(5) ESD performance: Human Body Model ≥ ±2000 V
(6) 3.6 V tolerant function and power-down protection provided on all inputs and outputs.
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Start of commercial production