NPN microwave power transistor
• Interdigitated structure provides high emitter efficiency
• Diffused emitter ballasting resistors providing excellent
current sharing and withstanding a high VSWR
• Gold metallization realizes very stable characteristics
and excellent lifetime
• Multicell geometry improves power sharing and reduces
• Internal input and output matching networks for an easy
PINNING - SOT439A
3 base connected to ﬂange
• Common base class-C wideband amplifiers operating
under pulsed conditions, recommended for L-band
NPN silicon planar epitaxial microwave power transistor in
a SOT439A metal ceramic flange package with the base
connected to the flange.
Fig.1 Simplified outline and symbol.
QUICK REFERENCE DATA
Microwave performance at Tmb ≤ 25 °C in a common base class-C wideband ampliﬁer.
MODE OF OPERATION
tp = 150 µs; δ = 5 %
1.2 to 1.4
ηC Zi; ZL
≥35 see Fig 6
Product and environmental safety - toxic materials
This product contains beryllium oxide. The product is entirely safe provided that the BeO slab is not damaged.
All persons who handle, use or dispose of this product should be aware of its nature and of the necessary safety
precautions. After use, dispose of as chemical or special waste according to the regulations applying at the location of
the user. It must never be thrown out with the general or domestic waste.
1997 Feb 19